Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've been reflecting on the last year and a half of my life, and I've realized a lot of things. Things about life, growing up, compassion, honesty and love. Things about what I want out of life. And what I want in a companion. I use the term husband flippantly. The girls and I will be getting decked out for an event and I will say "let's go meet our husbands, girls!" or I will meet someone and say "he is not my husband" or "there's a good chance he's my husband." It's all in fun, but I think about the poor schmucks we meet along the way and how we've analyzed them until there is nothing left, and there is no chance on the planet that they could ever be our husbands.

I lost control the minute I got off the chair lift and spent a year crashing down the black diamond before landing in a heap at the bottom, appendages going in all directions. It's funny how much you learn about yourself, and what you want out of life, and out of a companion, while crashing into trees, losing your poles, breaking your skis, and forgetting to zip up your fleece. ok, ENOUGH with the ski analogies.

seriously though, i've been learning a lot about things in general. like the fact that i HATE punctuation. i think the term son of a bitch is under rated. and mixed CDs are never a bad thing. and the fact that i have a LONG long long list of d-bags that i need to catch my blog friends up on. I better get to work. there are only a few more days before the next round of tool boxing commences.

No comments: