Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No, there is NOT a deeper issue

So, i told the tomato farmer i would go to a movie with him. he'd been bugging me anyway and i figured i should go and see how it went before really making a decision about him. i was pretty much leaning towards NOT liking him though. but, my week got busy, i got stressed out, and i just didn't have time to go to the movies. plus, i was heading out of town for a wedding and had a lot of shiznit to do before i left. so i sent him a txt and told him i needed to reschedule and would call him later to explain. he responded a whole FOUR hours later with, "i would like to speak with you when you have a minute." he would like to SPEAK with me?? did i not just tell him i would call him LATER?? so i resent the "i will call you later" txt. he responded with "before 9 please." oh good grief. who does he think he is? so i didn't respond. i went about my beeswax, got my stuff done, and called him at 8:30. he told me he didn't expect me to be all gung-ho about him but that he had pretty simplistic expectations of me and that was to be able to spend time with me. ok, first off, dude, we ain't a couple. second off, who the hell do you think you are? i told him i had a lot to do and he had to understand at this point that of course i'm not going to be all "gung-ho" about it and there are other people involved by now too. i told him i would call him when i got back from the wedding and we could get together. we ended it there but he called later and left me a voicemail that he didn't want to be a burden and he was sorry for being dramatic; he'd been running on his emotions with me for a few weeks now. i didn't call him back - i went to the wedding and didn't think about him once. i repeat: i did not think about him AT ALL.

so this past weekend, as i was driving 6 hours to visit a friend, i decided i needed to let him know how i felt. i mean, he went to such great lengths to tell me how he felt, and i at least owed him an "i'm not interested." So I called him up. he answered, found out what i was doing and replied with, "i'd really like to see you when you get back in town." I replied with "i would love to hang out with you but it will have to be as friends. I know this isn't an over the phone conversation but i'm not able to go out to dinner right now and i'd rather not lead you on." He thanked me for the clarification then told me to shout at him sometime and hung up before i could say anything else. i'm talking i got a busy signal in my ear. i also got a txt in my inbox that said (and I quote for emphasis): "Why did u feel the need 2 do that? i had pretty much written it off anyway when you stood up last week. i'm not bitter, just curious. something deeper u not sharing?"

ok. do i even want to get started? first, don't send me a txt using numbers for words. second, you had NOT pretty much written it off (and ps, i didn't stand you up. i told you i needed to reschedule. a stand up would have just not shown up). if you had really pretty much written it off, you would have not left me an apology voicemail and you wouldn't have told me right away that you wanted to see me. period. and fourth, why do i have to have a deeper issue because i don't like you? obviously i must have SOMETHING wrong with me for not being interested! i mean what kind of girl disses a tomato farmer? obviously one with MENTAL ISSUES. whatever dude. i didn't respond to the text. i got to my friend's house and spent another weekend not thinking about him.

I believe this will be the last post about the tomato farmer.

No comments: